Wednesday, March 08, 2006

You have questions...I have answers. And possibly more questions.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
You have now proven that stalker guy is not all that unique and therefore we are not meant to be together.

In response to your questions:

First - In the course of one of our conversations, I made reference to that scene in Dumb and Dumber and the quote of so long and thanks for all the fish. He got both references, and challenged me to find someone who knew both of those as he did, convinced that our senses of humour/personalities are so unique to each other that I couldn't find a guy who would get both of those things. And, I did. Problem solved: stalker guy and I are not meant to be together. Although I didn't need Jim Carrey or Douglas Adams to help me figure that out.

Second - Withnail and I

Third - surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....


So the other day, I'm at the brand new Walmart by my house (massively huge...thank you for infiltrating my small town corporate America) and using one of those self checkout things. This is great because A) I like scanning things and B) I like pressing buttons. Seems win/win right?? Everything was going according to plan until a lady comes up to stand in line for my checkout. Now, not only did she stand behind me....she stood right at my elbow. I could feel my adrenaline starting to rise...my breathing became labored, my eye started twitching, and my head felt like it may pop off my shoulders. I may have looked like a hyperventalating down syndrome patient, but I didn't care. I kept looking at her as if to say "can I help you?" in an incentive to make her back off. She only gave an inquisitive look of "yes? what is it?" in return. Now come on...everybody else at Walmart has the social conscience to know that you stand at the beginning of the self checkout spot and wait in line till whatever one opens up. There is no standing next to the person as they are scanning their groceries and paying. In fact, it is much like a bank machine. When I go to pay for my groceries, I'm not going to punch in my PIN with you looking over my shoulder. Luckily she left for another free register before I had to do this. Had she not, I would have promplty turned to her and said "can you back up about...oh...five feet....you're invading my personal hoola hoop. thanks." In fact, it was already really hard not to.

Other random thoughts: it's funny how many people you see drinking Tim Horton's coffee on the way to work. Especially when roll up the rim to win is on. Euan, if you ever visit Canada, you will quickly learn that Tim Horton's is like a cult and their coffee like kool aid. But it doesn't stop us from spending millions of dollars there. Good ol' Canada.

I have another internet date tonight. Thankfully he is not flying in from across the country like stalker boy, or claiming that my vagina is his property. He's only after my elbows...and really, who can blame him? He likes cars so I bought him a little hot wheels car as a joke. He'll probably be like "this kind of car sucks" and I'll say "maybe, but the colours are pretty" in typical girl fashion. I really liked his idea of meeting in the parking lot of the coffee shop we are really meeting at and playing marco/polo to find each other.

I heard you crying loud
All the way across town
You've been searching for that someone
And it's me out on the prowl
As you sit around feeling sorry for yourself
Don't get lonely now
And dry your whining eyes
I'm just roaming for the moment
Sleazin' my backyard so don't get so uptight
You've been thinking about ditching me
No time to search the world around
'Cause you know where I'll be found
When I come around

I heard it all before
So don't knock down my door
I'm a loser and a user
So I don't need no accuser
To try and slag me down because I know you're right
So go do what ya like
Make sure you do it wise
You may find out that your self doubt means nothing
Was ever there
You can't go forcing something when it's just not right
No time to search the world around
'Cause you know where I'll be found
When I come around
No time to search the world around
'Cause you know where I'll be found
When I come around
When I come around
When I come around
When I come around

Your turn.

No comments: