Friday, March 03, 2006

Fish and Monty Python

Questions for you:
Do you know the significance of this sentence: "So long and thanks for the fish"?
Also, what scene in Dumb and Dumber deals with probability of dating?
You must answer both questions correctly to qualify. It's really important that you get these right to. A) It would make me very happy and B) It would give me something to hold over someone's head. *rubs hands together wickedly*

I've been all into this meeting people from the internet lately thing. So far, no kidnappings or rapes...I'm 0 for 3! Woot! Almost 0-4...well, I hope it doesn't end up being 1-3...cause that would suck a lot...for me...I blame this website: www.plentyoffish.com It's addictive...

Last weekend I watched Monty Python's Quest For The Holy Grail again, and remembered all the genius that is Monty Python. I leave you with some of my favourite quotes:


Sir Galahad: Is there someone else up there we could talk to?
French Soldier: No, now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Sir Bedevere: And what makes you think she is a witch?
Peasant 3: Well, she turned me into a newt!!
Sir Bedevere: A newt sir?
Peasant 3: *awkward pause*...I got better....
Crowd: [shouts] Burn her anyway!

[the King gestures to the window]
King of Swamp Castle: One day, lad, all this will be yours.
Prince Herbert: What, the curtains?
King of Swamp Castle: No, not the curtains, lad, all that you can see stretched out over the valleys and the hills! That'll be your kingdom, lad.

Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
Knight 2: NI.
Other Knights: Shh...

Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three; no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor thou count thou two, excepting that thou then immediately proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?
Sir Galahad: What are you doing in England?
French Soldier: Mind your own business.

King of Swamp Castle: You only killed the bride's father, you know.
Sir Lancelot: Well, I didn't mean to.
King of Swamp Castle: Didn't mean to? You put your sword right through his head.
Sir Lancelot: Oh dear... is he all right?

Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!

King of Swamp Castle: Who are you?
Prince Herbert: I'm your son!
King of Swamp Castle: No, not you!
Sir Lancelot: I am Sir Launcelot, sir.
Prince Herbert: He's come to rescue me, father!
Sir Lancelot: Well, let's not jump to conclusions.
King of Swamp Castle: Did you kill all those guards?
Sir Lancelot: Um... oh, yes! Sorry.
King of Swamp Castle: They cost fifty pounds each!
Sir Lancelot: Well, the thing is, I thought your son was a lady.
King of Swamp Castle: Well, I can understand that.

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

Narrator: Here they were reunited with Sir Galahad and Sir Bedevere, and there was much rejoicing *half hearted "yay" subtle waving of flag*...in the frozen land of Nador, they were forced to eat Robin's minstrels. And there was much rejoicing. *half heart "yay" sublte waving of flag*

As the dreaded beast lunged forward, escape for Arthur seemed impossible, when suddenly the animator suffered a fatal heart attack. *cuts to animator going "eek" and falling backwards off his chair and animation desk* The animation threat was no more. The film could continue... in live action.

No comments: